Tuesday 4 April 2017

Rationale


My locations for my brochure include three seaside eateries, including the Chocolate Frog, Spruce Goose, and One 80° restaurant. I decided to make the price that differentiates my locations. They range from cheap, mid-range to costly. This way, each site offers a range of experiences and showcases a different beach. For my visual approach, I wanted to convey a bright and clean atmosphere. To achieve this, I layered elements together so that my design communicates both the cafe and beach theme. I also included imagery of the beach, people, seafood and fresh ingredients. I made sure to have a consistent color palette, grid layout, and font that is easy to read. Throughout the making of my brochure, I had to keep adjusting my illustrations, so that there is a difference between each location and that it fits the vibe of the cafe. If I had to do something differently, I would've experimented more with my visual approach by including different imagery, colors, and grid composition to see how it would communicate a different vibe.


Kasina Lim 

No comments:

Post a Comment